The HTC One X is currently rocking the market with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 4.0 on board. But, if you like a more tweaked and optimized ROM, you can try flashing the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM for your mobile phone.
Created by mike1986, a recognized XDA developer, the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 custom ROM brings a faster and a more stable ROM compared to the stock ROM on the HTC One X. This ROM lets you enjoy a more tweaked Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0 running on top.
Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 also features the following:
- Full NVIDIA Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
- Updated BusyBox
- RAM and speed optimizations
- GPU UI rendering enabled
- Tweaked data, Cache, and system partitions mounting
- Bloatwares removed
- Updated system and data applications
- Enhanced camera performance
- Support for init.d scripts
- Improved battery life
- and much more
If you want a fully optimized ROM running on your mobile phone, read on so you will learn how to flash the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 custom ROM on your HTC One X.
- Flash the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM at your own risk. You will be fully responsible for any damage occurring on your phone.
- Use this guide on the HTC One X only. Flashing the ROM to another device may cause damage.
- An HTC One X with unlocked bootloader. You can go to HTC’s development page and follow the on-screen instructions on how to unlock your phone.
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your phone. You can check out our guide on how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your HTC One X.
- Download the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM here (Android_Revolution_HD-One_X_1.2.3.zip, md5sum: C7AA93FB263B994D4551AAFA74E9E00F)
- Download the Super Wipe script here (Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe_One_X.zip, 144 kB)
- Backup your mobile phone data or transfer your files to the phone’s SD card.
- Maintain a battery of 60% or more. This will ensure that the phone has sufficient power to finish the entire flashing procedure.
- Download the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM from the link above.
- Download the Super Wipe script from the link above.
- NOTE: If you came from a previous version of this ROM, you can skip this step. The Super Wipe script is only needed if you came from a stock or other custom ROM.
- Connect your HTC One X to the computer via the USB cable.
- Transfer the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM and Super Wipe script (if needed) to the phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your HTC One X from the computer.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your HTC One X into Bootloader Mode by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button until Bootloader boots.
- Select Recovery from the Botloader menu.
- Create a backup of your current ROM before flashing the ROM. Go to Backup and Restore. On the next screen, select Backup to create a backup of your existing ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and select install zip from sd card.
- Select choose zip from sd cardand locate the Super Wipe script. Confirm the action to automatically wipe the data on your mobile phone.
- NOTE: Only perform this step if you came form a stock or other custom ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and reselect install zip from sd card. This time, try flashing the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM to your phone.
- Once installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your HTC One X with the new Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM.
Good job! You have successfully flashed the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM on your HTC One X.