The Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is one of the unique Android devices ever built. The task of rooting or installing recovery on the device is a bit complicated, involving some complicated commands and instructions which make things tougher for beginners. The good news is that there is a new one-click tool for the tablet which will allow beginners to easily root, install recovery, and even fix the device if it’s caught in the bootloop problem.
XDA Developers senior member Thing O Doom wanted to make things easier for Eee Pad Transformer users by developing a one-click tool called PERI, which stands for Pretty Easy Recovery Installer.
Aside from the tool’s name suggesting easy recovery installation, it can also be used to root and fix soft-bricked Transformer tablets.
As far as compatibility is concerned, the tool has been tested and proven to work on Transformer tablets TF101 and TF101G running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, firmware update version 126.96.36.199, The tool also reportedly works for the Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101.
There were no major problems or any harmful effects reported when the tool was tested on the models mentioned. If you are a beginner, we suggest that you use this tool to prevent yourself from unwittingly bricking your Transformer. If you want to continue and try this, see the requirements and instructions below.
- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 or TF101G running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware
- A PC running Windows 7 (preferably 64-bit)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 70% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- Disable security suites, antivirus software, and firewall programs on your PC. The files required by the procedure may generate false positives in some security software programs.
- Download PERI one-click tool version 4.0 (OneclickrecoveryV0.4.zip, md5sum: 7de9a1f8ef552c953651ee13e860167d) to your computer from any of the following links:
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Eee Pad Transformer, model number TF101 or TF101G running Android 4.0 firmware. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Extract OneclickrecoveryV0.4.zip to any folder in your computer, preferably on the Desktop where you can easily find it.
- On your tablet, go to Settings > Development and enable the USB Debugging option.
- Using a USB cable, connect your tablet to the computer.
- On your computer, go to the folder where you extracted OneclickrecoveryV0.4.zip.
- Run the EasyRecoveryV0.4.bat file as administrator (that is, with elevated/administrator privileges).
- A command prompt will appear and display onscreen instructions.
- When shown the prompt “Continue? Unbricks/Loops type ‘u’ Already rooted? type ‘r’ (Y/N/U/R)”, choose the appropriate response:
- “Y” if your tablet is not rooted and you want to install custom recovery and root the tablet.
- “N” if you don’t want to proceed with the procedure.
- “U” if your tablet is soft-bricked and/or experiencing bootloops.
- “R” if your tablet is already rooted and you want to install custom recovery.
- Thereafter, just follow the prompts.
Rooting, installing recovery, and reviving your soft-bricked tablet are now just a click away thanks to the PERI one-click tool for your Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101/TF101G. Say goodbye to those complicated commands and instructions.