Up the ante of your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with the latest version of the popular touch-based custom recovery, TWRP Recovery.
The most recent build for the Galaxy S3 I9300, version 220.127.116.11, still includes the sleek, touch-based interface that TWRP Recovery is known for, as well as faster load and backup times. Backups from previous versions of TWRP Recovery remain compatible with this latest version.
The latest version also includes a handful of improvements to USB Mass Storage functionality and boot-time storage mounting, plus several bug fixes. One known issue, though, is that time and date will not be accurate in Recovery Mode.
This guide shows you how to flash TWRP Recovery 18.104.22.168 for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following to your PC
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- On your computer, extract the Odin3-v3.04.zip file you downloaded into a folder on your PC.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot to Download Mode. You can do this by holding down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons at the same time. A “Warning!!” message will appear on the screen. To continue to Download Mode, press the Volume Up button.
- Look for the folder you extracted the Odin files to. Double-click on Odin3 v3.04.exe to launch the program.
- Connect your phone to the PC using your USB cord. An “Added!!” message will appear on the message box located at the bottom left of the Odin window.
- Click on PDA and select openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-i9300.tar.md5 file. Do not make any other changes aside from adding the *.tar.md5 file.
- Click the Start button in Odin to start flashing TWRP Recovery to your phone.
- A “PASS” message will appear on the top left of Odin’s tool window once the process is successful. Your phone will automatically reboot. Please wait until you see the Samsung logo before you unplug your device.
- Note: If Odin gets stuck or if you get a FAIL message, don’t panic. Disconnect your phone from the PC and close Odin. Remove your phone’s battery, re-insert it, and repeat the procedure from step 3.
Congratulations! You now have the latest TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.